If you’re wondering “I’ve never heard of this exotic place”, then you’re half right! It is exotic. With beautiful beaches, stunning landscapes and a wealth of wildlife, K’gari is a must-visit location and one that a photographer can lose themselves in. If you still can’t place it you probably know it by its name of recent times – Fraser Island.
Fraser Island has recently been renamed K’gari, the name given to it by the traditional owners of the land.
This 5-day experience will take place from Monday, 10th
October to Friday, 14th
October and is fully inclusive of accommodation, meals, PWS permits, transport and barge transfers to and from K’gari; yes, we’ll even bring you back!
Your K’gari experience will begin with a pick-up at Rainbow Beach on Monday morning and onwards to a barge transfer to the island. Transport for the week will be in the form of air-conditioned, 4WD vehicles; Ford Rangers or similar. We will be operating as a small group throughout the workshop, with a maximum of 3 guests in any vehicle. This will help to ensure not only your comfort, but to maximise your photographic experiences and access to 1-to1 mentoring at each location; as you see fit.
Upon arrival at Hook Point, our transfer drop-off spot, we will head up 75 Mile Beach as we make our way to the Eurong Beach Resort; our home away from home during the workshop. Once we are settled in we will depart for our afternoon/sunset shoot at the wreck of the Maheno, which promises to be a spectacular ‘start’ to the K’gari experience.
During our time on K’gari we hope to shoot at:
- Maheno Wreck
- Lake McKenzie
- Lake Birabeen
- Lake Boomajin
- The Pinnacles
- Platypus Bay
- Champagne Bay
- Pile Valley
- And more..
A more detailed itinerary will be sent out a few weeks before the workshop, though the timing of shoot destinations will depend on tides and light. We plan to be back at Rainbow Beach in the early afternoon.
What's NOT Included:
- Transport throughout the week in comfortable 4WD vehicles;
- Pick up and return to Rainbow Beach
- 4 nights accommodation in a Resort Room at Eurong Beach Resort
- Breakfasts and Dinners during our stay at Eurong
- Packed lunches, along with morning and afternoon teas.
- Barge transfers
- Parks & Wildlife permits and licensing
- Photography tuition – as much or as little as you can handle ;)
What to Bring:
- Transport to/from Rainbow Beach before and after the workshop
- Incidentals expenditures such as souvenirs, alcohol, additional snacks, etc.
- Camera body / bodies
- Lenses -
- Wide angle
- Mid-range (your workhorse lens!)
- Long Telephoto
- 100-400, 150-600 (or similar)
- If you prefer to shoot with a long-range prime (500, 600) by all means bring it.
- Teleconverter – 1.4x, 2x, etc
- CPL or filters
NOTE: This equipment list is merely a guide and not a list of “must haves”. Please feel free to call me if you are unsure or would like any suggestions.
In terms of clothing the best guide is that on average during October K’gari receives 4 rainy days and has a temperature range from 16°-25° Celsius
- $4037.00 for single occupancy
- Direct deposit preferred payment method
- Please note there is a 3.2% surcharge for credit card payments
- 20% deposit is due upon booking with the balance due 30 days prior to the commencement of the workshop
- Should a COVID related cancellation be imposed ALL monies will be refunded.
Contact me at email@example.com to make a booking
“I’ll wait here for you”